Join us for the best sunrise in Madeira, the highest peak, Pico Ruivo! The best way to hike the mountains of Madeira!
- Private Tour 1 to 2 people 11+
- Private Tour 3 to 4 people
- Private Tour 5 to 6 people
- Private Tour 7 to 9 people
- Private Tour 10 to 12 people
Enjoy a Pico Ruivo Hike in Madeira Island
This is one for the hikers. Vereda do Areeiro is the path between the third-highest peak on the island, Pico do Arieiro, and the highest peak, Pico Ruivo. Throughout the walk, you can expect to see the high peaks of Madeira from various points of view, as well as many of the villages and valleys below.
The flora and fauna are unique to these peaks, and you can expect to see different species of local birds, depending on the season. Being higher up, every now and then we find ourselves above the clouds, which makes for some incredible photos! The view from Pico Ruivo is undoubtedly the best view of the island.
The hike is roughly 11 km long, between altitudes of 1542 m and 1862 m above sea level, and it is difficult in the sense that there are many inclines and declines in the form of steps.
This is always a spectacular hike and a must-do for any active adventure lover!
- Guided tour with a Qualified Mountain Guide.
- Hotel Pick Up (Accomodations outside of Funchal may include a pick up fee)
- Walking Sticks