Discover Rabaçal Waterfalls in Madeira. This walk takes place in the middle of the Rabaçal valley, one of our most prized nature attractions in the forest.
- Private Tour 1 to 2 people
- Private Tour 3 to 4 people
- Private Tour 5 to 6 people
- Private Tour 7 to 9 people
- Private Tour 10 to 12 people
Discover Levada do Moinho in Madeira Island
This levada was constructed by the people from the villages of Porto Moniz and Ponta do Pargo to aid the moinhos or water mills, which can still be distinguished along the walk.
There are many water springs and water features flowing out of the interesting rock formations as well as dense vegetation that is often very green. Some may call it mystic, with many ferns and laurel trees.
Being a reasonably flat walk, this is a great levada for those who want to experience the forest, the fauna and flora and the water canals, without the stress of the large crowds at the more popular levadas and without too much difficulty.
The walk is roughly 10 km in length, takes 3.5 hours to complete and is considered a moderate walk.
- Guided tour with a Qualified Mountain Guide.
- Hotel Pick Up (Accomodations outside of Funchal may include a pick up fee)
- Walking Sticks